Ruth and the Gospel

So I am sitting here working on a Paper for class and came across a verse in Ruth that really jumped out. It is Ruth 1:16 and it is a beautiful Old Testament picture of the Gospel. It reads,
"Do not urge me to leave you or turn back from following you; for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God."
Not only is this beautifully poetic but it is a literal turning to God. And I wish I new Hebrew because I have read and been told that this in Hebrew is very beautiful to read. But the important thing to look at is what Ruth is doing. Ruth is literally turning her self (repenting) and putting her faith in God for all her needs (Salvation). She was leaving her pagan god's and pagan people to follow the one True God. Oh how rich the Old Testament is. The more I study the Bible the more I see how we have forgotten the Old Testament. We must realize that the Bible is one book that needs to be studied as one. Stay tuned I may have to write a sermon on this one...
Serving the Servant
Derek

Comments