2 Year Anniversary




Exactly 2 years ago today, I married my best friend! I love him so much more now than I did 2 years ago! It is a wonderful thing to married to a someone whom you love and cannot live with out.

Our week is so busy we decided to go on an anniversary date early. We went on Saturday, July, 31. We had a blast, Derek took me on a nice date, to a fancy restaurant in the Raleigh area. Then we went to see the movie, Dispicable Me. Very cute movie!! =) We talked over dinner about the greatest thing that has happened in our lives over the past year and we also decided on a few goals each of us had for the next year.

We decided for both of us, the most exciting thing to happen was Derek being hired at Stony Hill Baptist Church. This church is so wonderful and has been such a blessing to us in the few months we have been there. We love the congregation and the youth. It was truly the highlight of our year.

My goal was for Derek and I to take a vacation just the 2 of us for longer than a weekend. We have not done this since our honeymoon, 2 years ago. We are saving and hoping to be able to go sometime this December while I am off work for Christmas vacation. Another goal we set was to get our house totally organized. When we finished dinner we had about an hour and a half before the movie so we decided to go ahead to Target and shop for some organizational items. We got some photo boxes to keep things such as medicines, manicure/pedicure items from the bathroom, and extra toothpaste, shampoo, body wash etc. We got three boxes and started with these things and putting them in our linen closet right outside the bathroom. These items, the medicines especially end up all over the house, and when we need pain killers for one reason or another we are looking everywhere for it. This really bugs me. So, now, if it is not in our medicine box, we do not have it. =) We have talked about a few other things to implement to help us be a little more organized. What a good things it is to have goals.


Having been married for 2 years we get a lot of comments about having children. Well, our plan (which is not always God's plan) is to wait until Derek finishes school. Our parents advised us to wait until we finished college to get married and we were very glad that we waited. We decided it was best for us to wait until Derek finishes his MDiv before we have children. Many times I have been glad that my parents advised us in waiting and I think in the same way, we will be glad we waited to have children. It is not always easy but it seems to be the right thing to do.

Comments

Unknown said…
Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad I was able to be apart of your special day! I love you guys and I hope you reach all your goals! Praying for you!
Tara said…
Happy anniversary! And we are so glad you are at Stony Hill too!!!
Cindy Lou said…
Happy Anniversary Georges!!!