24 Week Survey

How Far Along: 24 weeks


Size of Baby: About the size of an ear of corn.

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon. *Information from www.babycenter.com.


Maternity Clothes: yes! :)


Gender: It's a surprise!!


Movement: Yes, all the time and I am LOVING IT!!! =)
What I Miss: Not being able to do things on my own.  Such as lifting things or climbing a ladder to get things from a top shelf in the office.  Little things like that, that I took for granted before.  But considering the risk, I will just let other people do it for me, as hard as that is for an independent stubborn woman that I can be. =) Oh well, people tell me I should just enjoy not being able to do those things.  I shall try!

Sleep: Good! I wake up to Pee every night but only once a night right now.  (Around 3am every morning)

Cravings: Coffee, Soda and Spree. - again...these are my things right now!


Best Moment This Week: Realizing how much I had grown since 19 weeks the last time I had taken a picture! Craziness!!! I knew my body was changing but I had no idea how much little George had grown! It is absolutely amazing!

What We Are Looking Forward To: Seeing the changes in growth of my belly and our baby! =) My belly growing means baby is growing!! yay!!


24 week picture:




I did not feel great this day and you can tell it in my hair and face. haha! Oh well, I knew we needed an updated picture! =)

Comments

Unknown said…
What a fun post! I love the pic!! I told you you had grown!
Linda said…
Wow...little George is the size of an ear of corn! You look adorable and yes...let others climb that ladder and do the heavy lifting!