Beach Time!! :-)

Thomas went on his first beach trip this week, April 3, 2012. It has been unseasonably warm for us recently so when Derek had spring break from classes we decided to take a day trip to the beach. It was so much fun. Derek and I love the beach and hadn't been since August of last year so we were excited to go again and this time with our baby boy! I bought Thomas some sun glasses and a hat at Target and he already had a swim suit. He was so cute all decked out for the beach. We only had a few mishaps which come with traveling with a 3 month old. The first was we stopped at a Walmart about 20min away from the beach to get Thomas some sunscreen. I decided to get him out to give him a break from his seat. When I picked him up I felt something sticky on my hand...oh yes! He had a blowout in his carseat. So there I am in the Walmart Parking lot sending Derek in for sunscreen and I changed a nasty 5 wipe (maybe more) dirty diaper. Thomas is not particularly fond of his carseat but he did great on the way there. On the way home he woke up about an hr into the drive and had a major meltdown. So we had to stop in a Bojangles parking lot so I could feed him and calm him down. Nothing else was working!! So thankfully that is all it took and he was better and rode quietly the rest of the way home. Even with a few little mishaps. I am so glad we went. Definitely worth it. I just don't think we will do another day trip anymore. We need to at least stay 1 night. :-) enjoy the pretty pictures!!


Thomas is thinking that he is not so sure about all the sun and sand.  






Family photo on the beach! The sun was too bright for T. =)

Nap time after this new experience!

Comments

Rebecca said…
Thomas is SOOO cute!
Thanks Rebecca! I am so glad to see you have a blog! I look forward to following it!! :-)
Unknown said…
I'm so glad you guys had so much fun at the beach!