First Rice Cereal

Thomas had his first rice cereal on Father's Day.  I feel like he has been ready for solids for a few weeks now.  He has been showing signs that he has been ready since he was about 3 months old.  My goal was to wait until at least 6 months before he started any solids. About 3 weeks before he was to turn 6 months he started waking up in the middle of the night. From everything I had read this is the last sign that they are ready.  So I decided it was worth my sleep and sanity to start a little before he was 6 months old. I have Super Baby Food book and the first thing that says is to ask your pediatrician before you start solids with your baby.  So, I call our pediatrician and I gave them the "low down" on what has been going on and she told me to wait until 6 months! I was shocked since I had told her he had started waking up in the middle of the night but Derek and I decided that we should abide by what they nurse said.  Thomas turned 6 months old on Father's Day, June 17. So we gave him some that day! Here is a picture of him eating it for the first time. He knew exactly what to do when I gave him the spoon and he didn't even spit it out the first few times like most babies. He was so ready! After a few spoonfuls I diluted the rest and gave it to him in a bottle and he downed it so fast I didn't even realize he had finished it. So glad to start this new phase but I still can't believe he is old enough to start eating from a spoon!


Comments