C25K

I finally decided I needed something for consistent exercise and until recently Thomas would not nap consistently long enough for me to do a workout video so I decided to do something I could do with him.  I chose to train for a "Couch to 5K".  Thomas loves his stroller so this worked out so well.  The week I started the training I was at my parents house and my mom was telling me about this running program she is starting.  We realized it was the same thing!?! And we started the exact same day! So crazy, but we decided we would use that as accountability for each other. This week, before the heat set in my mom and I mapped out our 3.1miles and ran it.  Little did we know my brothers (Kenneth and Patrick) and Patrick's girlfriend would show up at different points of the run with signs encouraging us to finish the race! lol.  It was so funny.  They had cold water and cold wash clothes at random places along out run.  I finished it with my best time yet! 35minutes pushing Thomas in a stroller.  Since I was running I don't have any pictures but this one that I took before my mom came in.  She was only 7minutes behind me.  It was so much fun!  I feel so accomplished having started and finished this. And now that it is scorching hot, Thomas is (thankfully) napping good and I am going to start "30 Day Shred" as my new workout! I am going to borrow it from a friend and will start hopefully next week! yay!! =) Here is a picture of my crazy family that I love so much! 




Comments