Mommy Body Workouts!

Good gracious!! I don't know about you?! But, our summer has been insanely busy! I feel like most people do have crazy busy summers. I am not sure why it happens that way every year but some how it does. I think we are back for a while though and on a consistent and somewhat "normal" schedule. I don't even really remember what normal is any more! haha. My kiddos are all off from the summer craziness and not in a good sleeping pattern. So you know! We will get back in the groove I'm sure! =)

In the mean time I decided in January that my post pregnancy body was just seriously out of hand. So I started "watching" what I ate. That helped a little but I wasn't losing like I wanted to. So March rolled around and I decided I needed to get serious about this. Hubby joined me and we decided to encourage each other to eat better and start a running routine!! It was great.  I got to where I was able to run 6.2 miles which is a 10k!!! I was so pumped and even better I ran it in 1hr! I was so excited. I hurt for days after that but it was amazing. When June came around. It was so hot and muggy, running was not much of an option. So I gave myself a fitness challenge to workout 6 days a week. And I completed it!! Anyone that knows me well, knows that I am stubborn and when I start something I HAVE to finish it or it really bothers me. haha. So I completed my challenge even though at times it was really hard. During the month of June I completed the 30 Day Shred from start to finish all 3 levels. I decided to take a little bit of a break in July but yet still challenge myself. I started doing P90X videos every other day (or at least a few days a week). This was so awesome and I absolutely loved it. With that being said, I convinced hubby to join me in challenging ourselves to complete the P90X workouts in the 90 days it suggests. This is 6 days a week doing workouts that are at least 1hr/each and then on the 7th day it is either stretching or resting. YIKES!!!! We started this week. It is only day 4 and it has been so challenging but I think it will be even more rewarding!! I will keep you updated on how I am doing with the workout. I am hoping in all of this to lose about 15-20 more pounds and a few more inches. That would be ideal. I also realize that no matter how much weight or inches I lose. I will be in better shape physically and that is what is most important here!! I am excited to see how this finishes!!

And, another thing that has challenged me recently, is seeing moms post on social media about how they have had a baby everything changes and they will never have their old body back! That is totally true! I hold weight so much differently than I use to pre-baby. But it DOES NOT mean that I cant be healthy! Mommas....dont let your babies be a reason that you are unhealthy. If anything, let your babies be a reason you GET healthy!!!

Since January 2014 I have lost 17lbs and 2+".  I am back down to my College weight. I am hoping to lose at least 17lbs more and we will see how many inches. I don't have a specific # I want to meet with inches!  =)

Comments